Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm
Board index » MXF Categories » freeMXF.org Tools

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am 
Hi all,

I'm looking to get DNxHD MXFs. As far as where it comes from I'm fairly flexible on as I have a lot of conversion options before getting to the MXF wrapper.

I tried exporting a DNxHD Quicktime and running it through mxfwrap. This didn't seem to work, and I read on these forums that mxfwrap only supports mpg-2 encoding.

Hours reading through these forums, the documentation, and Googling has just left me more frustrated than before (so I did indeed RTFM! As much as I could understand, anyway). So two questions for you helpful folks:

- Does mxfwrap support DNxHD in any way? Considering the DNx/MXF pairing for Avid is pretty popular, it seems like this would be a handy feature. And if it does, how best to get at it?
- Are you guys aware of other ways to go from various file formats (DPX, RED, etc.) to MXF with a free application for the Mac?

Thanks!
-Amber

Insider

Post Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 am 
I am not aware of any free tool that will produce DNxHD MXF files.

The alternatives are to write a DNxHD essence parser for MXFLib - not a huge task if you are used to working with DNxHD, or you could try Metaglue's commercialized version of MXFLib: MXFPlus

Profile WWW  

Jump to: