freeMXF.org

Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am
Board index » MXF Categories » freeMXF.org Tools

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:22 pm 
I have an op1a MXF file, with single essence. It is encrypted using mxfcrypt tool. My task is to decrypt the file, extract the essence and feed it to media player. Is it possible to accomplish it with streaming, without temporary files? In other words, I would like to feed output of decryption directly to media player interface as a stream.
Is that possible with Freemxf API - to get essence as a stream right out of decryption?

Profile YIM  

Insider

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:08 am 
It is possible, and you should not need to make too many modifications to mxfcrypt to achieve it.

You need to modify Decrypt_GCReadHandler::HandleData() so that instead of writing the decrypted data out to the destination file you simply pass that on to the media player stream.

You would probably need to add some checks that you were only passing on the correct essence packets from the correct sub-streams (and maybe switch between multiple output streams for separate audio and video etc.).

You would also want to update the code so that no output file is written as this is no longer required.

Profile WWW  

Jump to: