Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm
Board index » MXF Categories » General MXF

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 pm 
Hello,

I'm writing my master thesis about semantic multimedia and metadata. I'm interested in MXF format and it's metadata part. But.. there is hard to find any good and official information about the metadata.

I have some questions for You:
1. MXF specifies two type of metadata: structural (for managing the essence) and additional. Where can I find the complete list of descriptors? I don't have access to official documents..
2. Does MXF allow use of other metadata type?

Thanks in advance!
Lukasz

Rookie

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 am 
Hi Lukasz,

I'm pretty late, just give me a shout if you're still working on your thesis. I assume you got the documentation you needed in the meanwhile.

At the other hand, MXF allows a lot of structured descriptive metadata by DMS-1 (descriptive metadata schema 1), SMPTE 380M.

Kind regards,
Maarten

Profile WWW  

Board User

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm 
not only does it allow metadata, but the usage of this metadata can be quite important in identification. Why else would video converter software give you the option to enter this info? It is because this is how you get found. Did you end up completing the thesis? I would love to take a look. I did a research project on the difference in metadata between PC and Mac operating systems. I used a variety of vmware options to duel boot the operating systems on the same machine and ran some tests. It would be cool to see if our studies match up.

Jump to: