Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm
Board index » MXF Categories » freeMXF.org Tools

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:53 am 
Hello everyone,

I am getting problem in building the mxflib free tool in VC++.NET 2005 in windows XP platform.

When i am building this project i am getting the following build error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '.\debug\mxflib.lib'

in all the sub-projects of the mxflib project that is in:

mxflib, mxfdump, mxfsplit and mxfwrap.

For this, i have also searched for mxflib.lib in the project folder but this file is not found anywhere.

Please help me in solving these errors.

Thank you.
Anu

Insider

Post Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:03 am 
I assume that you allowed .NET to convert the .dsp and .dsw files to solution and project files - can you e-mail me the converted files and I will see if I can tell what has gone wrong.

Profile WWW  

Rookie

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:52 pm 
Hi There,

I have tried to build the MXFLib tools on Mac OSX 10.4.8 following the instruction in the INSTALL file.

The Configure works OK. but MAKE is hanging up with some kind of 64 bit errors. This was on a Dual G4.

I tried the same thing on an Intel CPU based Mac Pro but this fails during Make because of some confusion over PPC vs 386.

I notice that you have Universal binary compiled downloads available, and I wonder if the source code / configuration for this is available anywhere.

Ultimately we need to get the project moved into Apple XCode IDE, but the first stage is to get it compiling in terminal.

Any assistance would be very useful ! :-)

Thanks.

Insider

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:01 pm 
postsoup: I would be interested to know which version of the sources you tried to build.

The Mac binaries in the download section are built from the sources in that same release.

Profile WWW  

Rookie

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 am 
Matt Beard wrote:
postsoup: I would be interested to know which version of the sources you tried to build.

The Mac binaries in the download section are built from the sources in that same release.

I tried to build the 1.00 rc4 source, following the instructions, with configure, and then make.

Configure is fine, apart from missing doxygen, which should be no problem.

When making the source, some parts seem to go OK, but we start hitting lots of messages once we get into MXFLib, I am not clear what the messages mean, and then we get some 'exit(1)' messages, indicating to me that the build is failing.

I have tried building on a G4, G5 and MacPro. On the MacPro I get different errors since configure appears to be confused because MacPro has an intel CPU.

This is all with Mac OSX 10.4.8

Any suggestions you have would be most welcome.

Cheers !!!

Insider

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:41 pm 
I am not sure what the problem is.

My G4 is running 10.4.8 and builds with no errors.

What version of gcc do you have? I am using 4.0.0, but it also seems to work with 3.3.

There is a problem with the packager missing file crypto_asdcp.h from the tar.gz file for some reason - but I am investigating that at the moment.

If you are building with -enable-crypt that would give you a "No such file or directory" error when trying to build mxfcrypt.cpp. If so you should download the file from the Browse-CVS page http://mxflib.cvs.sourceforge.net/*chec ... vision=1.5

Profile WWW  

Rookie

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:08 pm 
Hi Matt

I eventually got the source to compile, thanks for clarification that it works on 10.4.8. After seeing some wierd messages about paths, I copied the entire mxflib tree into /usr/local/share/ Some messages seemed to point to the need for an /mxflib folder there. (I have no idea why). After this I did ./configure && make and it all went OK. What is the significance of /usr/local/share/mxflib ??

I wonder if you could advise on how to integrate this into an XCode project. Although I have 20 years experience programming macs, this command line unix stuff is still a bit scary (as is using other people's code generally ! ), and its not really clear to me how to use the library or the source in my app.

I have tried taking libMXF.a into my project, but there are lots of references to <mxflib/mxflib.h> which cant be found - this would normally point to a framework in XCode - however this isnt really what we have got. I dont really know where else the mxlib tree needs to be to get past this error.

When I try to force it past that I am also seeing really basic stuff like objections to UInt32 which shows something must be really out of whack

Sorry to be so stupid, but there is a basic brain block on how to get from GCC in the command line to XCode.

I would love to get all the source into my XCode project so in the future we would not be dependant on a compiled library. Getting this over to an Intel mac is another concern (haven't compiled the source on Intel yet).

** Any chance you could build a HELLO WORLD project in XCode with all the MXFLib stuff in the project and ready to call ? **

My first need is to simple get the simplewrap example working as part of a larger project

Thanks for any advice or assistance :-)

Jump to: