Open discussion about freeMXF.org tools and MXF in general
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am
Board index » MXF Categories » MXF Clarifications

Author
Search for:
Rookie

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:51 pm 
Hi,
I need to know if it's possible to put several formats in one MXF file, like we will find many videos in the file?

Thank you for your explanation
I'll be grateful if I got respond

Insider

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm 
Yes, one MXF file can have as many different formats as the Operational Pattern allows (at the moment only OP-Atom limits you to a single essence format).

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 am 
Copy the MXF files into the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/1 folder on your designated video hard drive's root level. Pay close attention to the folder name in red (if it reads anything other than this, you will not see any files appear in your Media Tool - an incorrect folder name is a common mistake). The MXF files to copy are only the ones located in the VIDEO and AUDIO folders (under CONTENTS) that were created in the original P2 directory structure. Always do this while Avid is not running.

Board User

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 pm 
walker,

I have been in the habit of doing this while Avid was in use. Do you have any idea if I might be hurting myself here? I use a vcloud to run Avid so I am a bit worried that I may be corrupting the files somehow, although the cloud has worked for me with some other projects. Any information would be helpful.

Jump to: